Sunrise of Africa School, a primary school for nursery children to grade 8, is situated 40km east of Nairobi, Kenya. We have more than 300 children at the school, all receiving an excellent education based on Christian values.
Main aims: academic excellence and character building.
- The school gives quality education at low, affordable fees. It also gives scholarships to needy children: i.e. destitute, refugee or internally displaced children.
- The teachers are employed for their excellent qualifications, good command of English and sustained willingness and proof of study and practice of Christian Science.
In their Monday religious education lesson, the children are taught how the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes in Christ Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount can successfully guide them in their daily lives. They learn stories from the Bible and about the life, teaching and healings of Jesus. They are introduced to the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, and learn how this illuminates the Bible teachings.
Sunrise has a low teacher/pupil ratio, hence individual attention is given to the students’ needs.
Sunrise of Africa School, Garden Grove, Kitengela, Nairobi East.
- Location: 25 miles/40 kms east from the centre of Nairobi.
- Fast growing feeder town for Nairobi , with better quality housing.
- Double storey, well-constructed and long-lasting stone school building on Sunrise-owned 5 acre land.
- Started in 2008 with 8 children. Now more than 300 children.